Ok, so you are looking to take your company marketing to the next step and someone has told you about QR Codes.
Before you go crazy on making a ton of QR codes you still need to figure out a few things, such as where are you going to place them on and how are you going to track the effectiveness of these new marketing tools.
- On the back of Business Cards = Say you have a trade-show you are going to with multiple reps. Each Rep could have their own QR code sticker they place on the back of the business card that allows a user to scan the code and go to the direct page. In this case you would want to know in your Google Analytics who referred this visitor and did they convert into a sale or lead so that person can get credit for that transaction.
- Booth Displays = Now to get fancy we have seen more of these popping up on display booths every time we go to a show. Say you have a big crowd of people and you and the others trying to get information just cannot get to you. They now can scan your booth where you can place a large QR Code on the signage close to the isle and Bam you now have another possible client that you also can track with using a different ?UTM tracking code easily customization from Google's URL Builder listed below.
- And that is only 2 Ways you can just think of what else is possible with these guys, take for example in Politics you see a big bus and it has a QR Code that is giant, you can still hold your phone up like taking a picture and scan the code directly from the bus even if you are a long distance away and get to the URL to help the campaign.
Instructions on how to build your QR Code Step by Step:
Get the URL on the site you want to direct users to and add it to the URL Builder tool below
Google URL Tracking Code:
Settings: (You Don't need to add all the fields)
- Website URL
- Campaign Source: - Example = (referrer: google, citysearch, newsletter4)
- Campaign Medium: - Example = (marketing medium: cpc, banner, email)
- Campaign Name* - Example = (product, promo code, or slogan)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not use any special characters otherwise it can break the URL Link
Once you have all of these settings then click generate URL
You will be given a link that looks like this:
This will allow the URL to embed information within Google Analytics for further tracking info
- and change Size from L to XL
Add the link you generated from the Google Tool into the page and then hit generate
Copy the link and then go to the QR Generator Site
You will be given an image
Example of how to name it:
Now you are ready to go, if you have any questions or need help feel free to contact me at http://www.williamrock.com